Welcome!

INTRO POSTFAQ'sMY STORYPOST DIRECTORYTWITTERPINTERESTTUMBLR

Monday 22 September 2014

New Guest Blog Posts

As a resident blogger for Henshaws Society for Blind People, One Man's Vision and Living Paintings, I submit posts regularly to reach as wide an audience as possible. This enables me to share my interests and experiences with other VI people - as well as sighted people too! - to provide an interesting insight into a young severely sight-impaired person's life.

Quite a number of my blog posts have gone live on each of their websites recently, and I wanted to share them here.

Henshaws Society for Blind People


In my newest blog post for Henshaws, I share my recent visit to the Imperial War Museum North with the Art Galleries & Museums group, based at the Manchester resource centre, and our exploration of the 'From Street to Trench' exhibition. I detail our touch and handling session of special artefacts from the First World War, as well as our audio description session consisting of a 15 foot painting by Gilbert Rogers and of a bronze Great Gable Memorial plaque.

You can read my latest blog post with Henshaws by clicking here or on the thumbnail above. All of my previous nine blog posts in total, as their resident blogger, can be viewed by clicking here.

One Man's Vision


As part of my involvement in the One Man's Vision exhibition, I will be updating the blog regularly to keep readers informed of everything from installation and preparation, to my illustration created specially for the exhibition - right up to the opening of the exhibition itself.

You can read my first blog post with One Man's Vision by clicking here or on the thumbnail above. More blog posts will be uploaded soon!

Living Paintings


I also shared my recent visit to the Imperial War Museum North, with the Henshaws Art Galleries and Museums group, to the Living Paintings blog. I share the objects that were discovered during the touch and handling session; which included a munitions medal, a Princess Mary Christmas gift box, a trench art bullet and a trench art ring. I also detail the audio descriptions provided of Ypres, 1915 by Gilbert Rogers and the Great Gable Memorial plaque in heavy bronze set on a plinth.

You can read my blog post by clicking here or on the thumbnail above.


Finally, I shared my experiences of being involved with the One Man's Vision exhibition with the Living Paintings blog and their readers - detailing my Brailled accessible labels to ensure information is as inclusive as possible, installation of the exhibition and creating an illustration specially for it based on the perceptions of blind and visually impaired people.

You can read my blog post in its entirety by clicking here or on the thumbnail above. I will be keeping the Living Paintings community up-to-date with the exhibition in future blog posts!