Welcome!

INTRO POSTFAQ'sMY STORYPOST DIRECTORYTWITTERPINTERESTTUMBLR

Sunday 9 February 2014

Upcoming Events

I've been quite busy recently, so haven't had much time to blog about the things I've been up to. I thought I would share some upcoming events so you can have a look at what I'll be getting up to in the coming weeks!

Monday, 10th February:
Salford News will have a photographer come to my home and take pictures of myself with some of my illustrations. I was contacted by a journalist recently on Twitter, who works for the Salford Advertiser - my local newspaper - who kindly wanted to interview me regarding my illustrations for RNIB's Insight Magazine. I did the interview on Friday and will have the photos to accompany the article taken on Monday.

Friday, 14th February:
Interviews with both the National Press and Quays News, regarding my illustrations for the RNIB's Insight Magazine and winning the Illustrator of the Year 2014 competition! The interview with Quays News will describe my sight loss journey and how Henshaws have helped me to gain confidence, new skills and a social life.

Saturday, 15th February:
A visit from a photographer from the National Press, to take various photographs to go alongside my interview from Friday. Will be featured in various newspapers and magazines.

Monday, 17th February:
I'll be visiting the RNIB's headquarters in Judd Street, as a follow up to my October visit, now part of the steering group within the campaigning network we recently set up. We'll be discussing our first campaign - accessible menus in coffee shops - and where we want to take it.

Wednesday, 19th February:
ITV will be coming to my home to film an interview with me for Granada Reports, discussing my illustrations for RNIB's Insight magazine and how I got into drawing. Set to air in the evening on ITV at 6pm.

Friday, 21st February:
I'll be having photos taken at Henshaws to be used on the blog and in the Vision newsletter alongside my Day in the Life article that I recently wrote. 

Monday, 3th March:
I was invited by Henshaws to take part in a media training session at the Oasis Academy in MediaCity UK. I'll be learning new skills such as radio and TV presenting and interviewing.

Tuesday, 11th March:
Meeting with the Police and Crime Commissioner's office in Swinton with the engagement team, to discuss the issue of hate-crime against visually impaired and blind people and what I can do to help with a campaign.

Thursday, 13th March:
An hour long teleconference with the communications sub-group of the Envision network. We'll discuss what roles to manage within the group as well as address any queries regarding our new role.


Tuesday, 18th March:
Henshaws have kindly invited me to attend a Champagne and Chocolate evening, organised by students at Manchester University, at Libby's in Cheshire. The Henshaws short film will be shown beforehand and then I will be giving a speech about my sight loss journey and how Henshaws have helped to vastly improve my quality of life through their support with daily living skills, their spectrum of groups and friendly social environment. There will be champagne, canapes and a chocolate experience featuring The Naked Chocolatiers.


Wednesday, 26th March:
I'll be attending the Henshaws Fashion Fundraiser, giving a speech about my time using the Henshaws service and how it has greatly changed my life in all possible areas. I'll also be drawing the raffle ticket out at the end of the event, to award the prize of a Mulberry handbag to the winning raffle ticket holder!