Welcome!

INTRO POSTFAQ'sMY STORYPOST DIRECTORYTWITTERPINTERESTTUMBLR

Friday 7 February 2014

Interview with Salford News

This afternoon I was kindly sent a tweet by a journalist from Salford News, Ruhubia Akbor, who wanted to interview me regarding my illustrations for RNIB's Insight Magazine. 



We had a phone interview, discussing how I began drawing and the aids I use to help make it easier for me. I explained that I've been drawing ever since I was little, and use aids such as a folding bed table and Daylight lamp to help improve the lighting and bring the drawing as close to me as possible. I'm not able to do much in one day, around 30 minutes or so, as I begin to get eye strain in my remaining useful vision in one eye. I also revealed that I've recently been contacted by Henshaws Society for Blind People, to submit a piece of artwork for John Lewis' Community Wall in the Trafford Centre to help celebrate John Lewis' 150th birthday this year.

A photographer will be sent to my home on Monday, to take shots of me with my illustrations to go along with the article. I'm very excited and grateful indeed, this is an entirely new experience for me!

When the article and photographs are printed,
I'll be sure to post them here!