Welcome!

INTRO POSTFAQ'sMY STORYPOST DIRECTORYTWITTERPINTERESTTUMBLR

Thursday 9 April 2015

Interview on Salford City Radio


Yesterday I visited my local radio station, Salford City Radio (94.4FM), during Howard Copitch's Wednesday lunchtime show to talk about my sight loss story of losing my vision at a very young age and reveal how the Henshaws Society for Blind People charity has made a huge difference to my life over the past two years.

I've previously had media training with Chris Brophy, Co-Founder and previous Manager of the station, so was very excited to utilise the skills I learned last year as well as share my story and inform local listeners of how Henshaws can help aid and assist them through a variety of different ways; either by one-to-one skills building, peer support groups and skills based courses. Support is specially tailored to each individual to help them overcome their impairment and achieve their potential.

Mark Belcher, Community Services Manager at Henshaws, joined me in listing some of the various different groups and detailing the Pathway to Independence and how it can help those new to sight loss or new to receiving support. The confidence and independence I have today is a complete result of the Pathway and being on the radio was a fantastic way to platform the success it can give to someone.

Howard was very interested in Tami (of course!) and I was more than happy to tell Salford City Radio listeners of our partnership, how we were matched and the things we get up to on a daily basis!

Unfortunately there wasn't a livestream available at the time so I don't have a podcast to share, but I enjoyed my time on the show immensely (I even got to request a song - Duran Duran's 'Hungry Like the Wolf', if you're wondering!) and would like to say thank you to the Henshaws Marketing Team, Salford City Radio and Howard Copitch for the interview opportunity. I really enjoyed being in a radio station environment and it's certainly something I would love to do more of in the future!