Welcome!

INTRO POSTFAQ'sMY STORYPOST DIRECTORYTWITTERPINTERESTTUMBLR

Tuesday 9 September 2014

100th Blog Post!

I've now reached my second milestone of 100 blog posts!

It was only at the end of April that I'd reached the milestone of my 50th blog post. Since then, I have gathered almost 8,000 unique page views on my blog - double what I had back in April! - and have achieved some great things in the past 5 months. 

Here are a few of the highlights from the past 50 posts:

Kindly invited by staff members to have my GCSE A* carousel artwork displayed at the RNIB Pears Centre in Coventry.

Completed my birthday composition to celebrate John Lewis' 150th birthday, which was displayed at their restaurant in the Trafford Centre, from 1st June to 27th July.

Designed 4 geometric shape Thank You cards for the RNIB to be given to their donors who donate to the charity.

Designed a Christmas card for Henshaws Society for Blind People to be sold at Christmas and raise funds for the charity.

Attended the RNIB Campaigners' Convention 2014 at Aston Business School in Birmingham, learning a variety of new campaigning skills through the various workshops on offer.

Displayed part of my portfolio at the Positive Eye: Positive Outcomes and Practical Approaches Conference at St. Vincent's School for Blind Children, in Liverpool.

Rode pillion on the back of a Triumph 2012 from Manchester to Knaresborough, Harrogate (150 miles there and back!) for the Henshaws Sausage Run 2014.

Undertook a 2 week work placement with the Guide Dogs Training Centre in Atherton, Leigh as part of the 12 week Skillstep course provided by Henshaws. Also fulfilled the final part of my assessment and harness training; and now waiting to be matched to my own Guide Dog!

Graduated from the 12 week Skillstep course at Henshaws Society for Blind People's Manchester resource centre over the summer months.

Completed my final illustration for RNIB's Insight Magazine as their Young Illustrator of the Year, 2014.

I want to say a big thank you to all of my readers, especially the team at Henshaws Society for Blind People and Irlam and Cadishead Now, for showing their constant support through sharing my blog entries with their wider Twitter and Facebook audiences. Your support means so much to me!