Welcome!

INTRO POSTFAQ'sMY STORYPOST DIRECTORYTWITTERPINTERESTTUMBLR

Thursday 19 December 2013

Tesco Collections for Henshaws

Myself and Glen at Tesco Stretford collecting
for Henshaws Society for Blind People

I volunteered to help with collections at Tesco in Stretford yesterday, which is very close to where Henshaws is situated in Trafford. I wanted to volunteer my services primarily to show my support and appreciation for everything that the charity has done for me since I started going to the centre in late August. It has changed my life drastically, and has given me a social life for the first time in 8 years - as well as providing me with support with daily living skills, mobility and Braille.

I had a lot of fun with the team from Fundraising and Marketing, and wishing Tesco shoppers a very Merry Christmas as they kindly donated to our buckets. We raised £246.05 altogether!

We also received a tweet from the official Tesco twitter account, wishing us the best of luck with our collections!


I had a wonderful time and am very eager to volunteer again in the New Year, and help in any way that I can to support a charity that is very close to my heart. A big thank you to Tesco for having us, and to everyone that donated!