Welcome!

INTRO POSTFAQ'sMY STORYPOST DIRECTORYTWITTERPINTERESTTUMBLR

Saturday 19 October 2013

Salford Talking News


I had a visit from the Salford Talking News this afternoon. A volunteer called Anne visited me after I returned home from a full day, at Henshaws Society for Blind People in Old Trafford, learning Braille in the morning and making arts & crafts in the afternoon.

I was given a player in which to play the USB memory sticks containing the weekly news from my local newspaper (the Salford Advertiser), a pouch to return the USB stick in when I've finished each article, and some information leaflets. New USB memory sticks will be sent to my home each Saturday morning in a yellow pouch. After listening to the news, and monthly magazine containing articles of interest, I will then post the USB's back each week in the allocated pouch with my label inside. It's such a great idea, and much easier than trying to struggle reading the newspaper with my magnifier!

You can visit the Salford Talking News website here
to find out more information.