Welcome!

INTRO POSTFAQ'sMY STORYPOST DIRECTORYTWITTERPINTERESTTUMBLR

Friday 3 July 2015

You'd Never Guess That...
Marie Claire UK!


"My blindness hasn't stopped me becoming an illustrator"

I was recently approached by the popular fashion and beauty magazine Marie Claire to take part in a new feature of their monthly publication. It's called "You'd Never Guess That..." and it aims to spotlight incredible women with incredible stories and encourage and inspire others to overcome challenges and stereotypes that they face.

I talk about my passion for illustration despite my severe visual impairment, having only a small percentage of central vision left in one eye that is deteriorating more over time, and how I won the RNIB's Young Illustrator Award in 2014.


"I'm blind in my right eye and have 10 percent sight in my life, so I draw from my mind. I'm an award-winning illustrator. My dream is to illustrate children's books."

The magazine article can also be found online in the features section of the Marie Claire website, which you can read by clicking here. It features more inspirational stories from women and a more in-depth look at my own; including my sight loss story, my favourite mediums to use and how I work by drawing the imagery in my mind. 


I had a wonderful time working with Marie Claire and I'm extremely grateful for the opportunity to be featured in their magazine, alongside many other strong and uplifting women with motivating life stories.

Marie Claire UK's August issue is out now!