Welcome!

INTRO POSTFAQ'sMY STORYPOST DIRECTORYTWITTERPINTERESTTUMBLR

Wednesday 8 October 2014

Happy 1st Birthday!

Photo of my gifts from earlier this year
when I appeared on Granada Reports

Today my blog celebrates its birthday - turning one year old! It has been exactly a year since I first set up my blog, on 8th October 2013, when I posted my initial introductory post and sight loss story!

The aim of my blog was to provide an interesting insight into the life of a young severely visually impaired person; and that focus is still as strong today as it was a year ago. With 112 posts and over 8,700 page views, I have achieved more than I ever thought possible! The past year has been an incredible journey and it has been a huge privilege to share it with my readership!

Over the past 12 months I have completed my mobility training with a long cane, finished my daily living skills with rehabilitation focused around the kitchen, whizzed through my Braille course where I now volunteer as a tutor, and completed an employability course learning a whole range of new skills.

I have been provided with some fantastic opportunities too, some of which include; a visit to the Houses of Parliament, becoming an illustrator for a magazine and living out my childhood dream, being interviewed by the Salford Advertiser, Manchester Evening News, Granada Reports, ITV News and Daily Mail Online, giving speeches at events, riding pillion on the back of a motorbike to raise vital funds, regularly blogging on behalf of my favourite charities and organisations, displaying my artwork at the Trafford Centre and St. Vincent's School for Visually Impaired Children in Liverpool, filming for Bright for Sight, helping to install an exhibition as well as donating a specially-created illustration for it.

I want to say a big thank you to all of my readers for helping my blog grow from strength to strength over the past 12 months. I look forward to the journey that the next year takes us!